Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Wagner Santos <wa...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 03:17:05 UTC

Info about Torque

Hello,
I want to use Torque, but I want to hnow: the project still alive?
In this case, when version 4.0 will be released?

Thanks!

Re: Info about Torque

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
I have developed a software now in production using Torque 3.3 and it
has been quitre strigthforward and efficient. Also integration in web
dev framework (Tapestry) has been strightforward.

I have to apologize with the developers: it was my intention to
participate to dev work of the 4 version this year, but it has just been
impossible and I don't see a change of scenario in the near future.

Il 17/09/2010 20.57, Frank Nguyen ha scritto:
> I have been running Torque 3.1 (Tomcat 4.x, MySQL, Linux) on production system
> since 2006 and it worked perfectly fine.
>  Frank Nguyen
>

> ________________________________

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: Info about Torque

RE: Info about Torque

Posted by Anas Mughal <an...@bluenog.com>.
Thomas,

Re: Info about Torque

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
> I'm using DDLUtils, and, I guess, to work with Torque is the next step,

Not necessarily. DdlUtils can be used on its own. But of course we are
happy about people using Torque :-)

> so, how can I help?

I 'd guess the first step would be to get aquainted with the way Torque
works. If you want to use it soon, better look at Torque 3.3 at
http://db.apache.org/torque. Torque 3.3. is stable and production-ready.
If you're up to something more experimental, you can try and use Torque 4
(not yet released, you'd need to build on your own, see the developerr-info
part of the docs). See the Torque 4 home page,
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-4.0/index.html. There's a
tutorial avaliable, the ORM part is probably more interesting to you. It
might still be a bit buggy, if you dicover any bug or find something is not
explained enough, please ask at the mailing list.

     Thomas

Re: Info about Torque

Posted by Wagner Santos <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thomas,
I'm using DDLUtils, and, I guess, to work with Torque is the next step, so,
how can I help?

Re: Info about Torque

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.