Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/03 12:09:47 UTC

Restricting access to documents in a publication

Hello
Now here's our latest prb. :)
We have documents for different departments in the menu items on the left. Now
we want the editor with loginID=editor1 to be allowed to alter (edit) only the
document for Department1 (and the sub-docs. under it). and the editor2 to be
allowed to alter doc for Department2 only, and so on...
Where should we look (/program ) to disable the editing (of particular docs.)
or to restrict the access for the editors.

Re: Restricting access to documents in a publication

Posted by Olivier Lustenberger <ol...@adm.unige.ch>.
Le 05. 05. 05 13:37, Amna & Kiran a écrit:
> Now if we allow editor1 the privelege to "visit" Department2, then he can go
> to the ACAuth tab in the "site" tab and alter his priveledge to "edit" or
> something else. what can we modify/ do to disable the "site" tab altogether
> for visitors???

To limit access to ACauth tab, add 3 lines to
YOUR-PUBS/config/ac/usecase-policies.xml

   <usecase id="info-ac-authoring">
     <role id="admin"/>
   </usecase>

add any role you want to allow change ACauth.

You should have a look on UniZH Unitemplate publication, especially in
/config/ac/, to see how it work.

--
Olivier

Re: Restricting access to documents in a publication

Posted by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Michael Trindler <mi...@id.unizh.ch>.
From: "Amna & Kiran" <bo...@yahoo.com>