Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by karthik tunga <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/04 19:42:15 UTC

LSM-Trees

Hi,

I am reading about LSM trees (in HBase : The Definitive guide) and
wondering if the log file mention is nothing but the write-ahead log
(WAL) in HBase?
If it is , how are sequential writes guaranteed when write to WAL is
set to false ?

Sorry if I am missing or have misunderstood something here.

Cheers,
Karthik

Re: LSM-Trees

Posted by karthik tunga <ka...@gmail.com>.