Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tom Locke <ts...@ukc.ac.uk> on 2001/05/17 13:49:27 UTC

Running headings

Hi,

Can fop do running headings in the header that alternate left / right.

I notice that text-align='outside' is not supported.

Any plans to do this.

Tom.

Re: Running headings

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Tom Locke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can fop do running headings in the header that alternate left / right.

For running headers you need fo:marker/fo:retrieve-marker which is not
implemented yet. As I need those too (for doing subtotals on invoice etc.)
I might implement them when get some time (won't be that easy to do as there
will be situations where two or more passes are needed).

> I notice that text-align='outside' is not supported.

If you want different headers for odd and even pages you can define
two simple-page-masters and assign them to corresponding
repeatable-page-master-alternatives within a page-sequence-master.

I think there is a example in docs/examples/pagination.

> Any plans to do this.
>
> Tom.

Christian