Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Steven J. Owens" <pu...@darksleep.com> on 2004/09/04 17:55:06 UTC

JDBC realm question answered

     Argh... don't you hate it when you finally give up on the docs
and post a question, then look at the docs and see the answer?

     Not sure how I missed it, but in:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html

     Under the heading "Configuring a Realm", it says that where you
insert the <REALM> tag in server.xml determines what scope it covers:

     inside <ENGINE> for server-wide
     inside <HOST> for for all webapps on that virtual host
     inside <CONTEXT> for only a specifi web application

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com

 Take it all with a grain of salt." - me, at http://darksleep.com/notablog