Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "web_nabble@sunilsamuel.com" <we...@sunilsamuel.com> on 2015/11/20 00:53:16 UTC

Reuse Exchange between routes using "direct" and "direct-vm"

Hello,

I have two routes, one "direct-vm" and the other "direct".  I create a
property (or header) element in the exchange and I want that to be preserved
when I call the next route, which is a "direct".  But it seems that a new
exchange is created.

How can I preserve meta data among the different routes (direct, seda,
direct-vm, vm)?

Please let me know.

thanks,
sunil.

Re: Reuse Exchange between routes using "direct" and "direct-vm"

Posted by "web_nabble@sunilsamuel.com" <we...@sunilsamuel.com>.
Hello,You are correct.  After doing a bit more debugging, I realized the
issue was not going from one endpoint to another, it is that one of the
endpoint is splitting and I may need to do some sort of aggregation to get
this to work.I'll start another post since my issue is not caused by
traversing different endpoints.Thank you Yogesh for your responses.sunil.

Re: Reuse Exchange between routes using "direct" and "direct-vm"

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think this should work, considering direct-vm was developed for
communicating across contexts within the same VM. Not sure how it would
behave in Fuse though.

Can you confirm both the bundles use the same version of camel core
dependency ?

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: Reuse Exchange between routes using "direct" and "direct-vm"

Posted by "web_nabble@sunilsamuel.com" <we...@sunilsamuel.com>.
Hello,

Here is the use case.

I have two Contexts, ContextA and ContextB.

ContextA has the following route:
    route("direct:start").setHeader("myNewHeader","some
value").to("direct-vm:nextB");

ContextB has the following route:
    route ("direct-vm:nextB").log ("${header.myNewHeader}")

The "myNewHeader" is null in direct-vm:nextB route.

I am using camel 2.12 (Fuse 6.1)

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

What do you mean by "when I call the next route"  does it mean calling
another route internally from the first route ?

Regards,
-Yogesh