Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kang Minwoo <mi...@outlook.com> on 2020/05/22 01:08:09 UTC

What is an important configuration in HBase2?

Hello,

I am working hard to upgrade the HBase cluster these days.
I want to get some advice about HBase configuration.

(My department plan is to make a new hbase cluster running version is 2.2 and fade-out 1.2 hbase cluster.)

Now, I should compare the HBase configuration between 1.2 and 2.2.4.
Even if in an hbase book, there has an important configurations section. (https://hbase.apache.org/2.2/book.html#important_configurations) And I am looking at the various document on the web.

I'm curious if anything is missing.
What configurations should I make attention to?

Thank you for always giving me a warm answer.

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

Re: What is an important configuration in HBase2?

Posted by "mallik.v.arjun@gmail.com" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I found this document to be useful when I did migration from 1.x to 2.x --
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/src/main/asciidoc/_chapters/upgrading.adoc#34-upgrading-from-1x-to-2x

Obviously, you would want to validate all of your configurations or at
least the customisation's off defaults.

---
Mallikarjun