Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Mathias Kocks <ko...@labmed.de> on 2020/04/15 12:06:07 UTC

Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

Hello,
i am new to this project and a have a problem with the LDAP-Sync. I even can not find any good documentations...

My problem is, that slapd does not find any user in my AD. I am not even shure, if it is searching for real. I found in the mailing list archive some example configs, but they does not work for me.
I found this one:

#LDAP URL
ldap_conn_host=LDAP_server.Company.com
ldap_conn_port=636
ldap_conn_secure=true

# Login distinguished name (DN) for Authentication on LDAP Server
# Use full qualified LDAP DN
ldap_admin_dn=CN=ldapauth,OU=Users,DC=Company,DC=com

# Loginpass for Authentication on LDAP Server
ldap_passwd=ldapauthpasswd

# base to search for userdata(of user, that wants to login)
ldap_search_base=OU=Users,DC=Company,DC=com
#ldap_search_base=DC=Company,DC=com

# Fieldnames (can differ between Ldap servers)
ldap_search_query=(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=%1$s))
#ldap_search_query=(sAMAccountName=%s)
#ldap_search_query=(CN=%s)

# the scope of the search might be: OBJECT, ONELEVEL, SUBTREE
ldap_search_scope=SUBTREE

# Ldap auth type(NONE, SEARCHANDBIND, SIMPLEBIND)
ldap_auth_type=SEARCHANDBIND

# userDN format, will be used to bind if ldap_auth_type=SIMPLEBIND
ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,OU=Users,DC=beuth-hochschule.de,DC=com
#ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,DC=Company,DC=com
#ldap_userdn_format=CN=%s,OU=Users,DC=Company,DC=com
#ldap_userdn_format=CN=%s,DC=Company,DC=com

# Ldap-password synchronization to OM DB
ldap_sync_password_to_om=false

# Ldap user attributes mapping
# Set the following internal OM user attributes to their corresponding
Ldap-attribute
ldap_user_attr_lastname=sn

But even after i changed it to my AD and tried several changes, no users were found.

My actual config:

ldap_server_type=AD
ldap_conn_host=dc2.labmed.de
ldap_conn_port=389
ldap_conn_secure=false
ldap_admin_dn=CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=labmed,DC=de
ldap_passwd=SuperSecretPassword
ldap_search_base=OU=labmed,DC=labmed,DC=de
#ldap_search_query=(&(objectCategory=*)(objectClass=*)(sAMAccountName=%s))
ldap_search_query=(sAMAccountName=%s)
ldap_search_scope= SUBTREE
ldap_auth_type=SEARCHANDBIND
ldap_deref_mode=never
ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,DC=labmed,DC=de
ldap_provisionning=NONE
ldap_use_admin_to_get_attrs=true
ldap_sync_password_to_om=false
ldap_sync_attr_lastname=sn
ldap_user_attr_firstname=givenName
ldap_user_attr_mail=mail
ldap_user_attr_street=streetAddress
ldap_user_attr_additionalname=description
ldap_user_attr_fax=facsimileTelephoneNumber
ldap_user_attr_zip=postalCode
ldap_user_attr_country=co
ldap_user_attr_town=l
ldap_user_attr_phone=telephoneNumber
ldap_use_lower_case=false

It is the second day by now were i am bursting by happyness....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Mathias Kocks
Teamleitung IT-Infrastruktur
Zertifizierter Information Security Officer ISO 27001 (TÜV Süd)

Überörtliche Berufsausübungsgemeinschaft
Medizinisches Versorgungszentrum
Dr. Eberhard & Partner Dortmund
MVZ-Haus 3: Balkenstr. 12-14
44137 Dortmund, Germany

Tel.:  +49 231 9572 7158
Fax.: +49 231 9572 18 159
E-Mail: kocks@labmed.de<ma...@labmed.de>
Web: https://www.labmed.de<https://www.labmed.de/>

Re: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello :)

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 19:06, Mathias Kocks <ko...@labmed.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am new to this project and a have a problem with the LDAP-Sync. I even
> can not find any good documentations...

Documentation ATM is mostly questions and answers at ML
https://openmeetings.markmail.org/
And this PR https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/pull/61 (please check
both *.md file and discussion)

> My problem is, that slapd does not find any user in my AD. I am not even
> shure, if it is searching for real. I found in the mailing list archive
> some example configs, but they does not work for me.

enabling additional logging might help to understand what is wrong
(please check github PR for details)

> I found this one:
>

> #LDAP URL
>
> ldap_conn_host=LDAP_server.Company.com
>
> ldap_conn_port=636
>
> ldap_conn_secure=true
>

> # Login distinguished name (DN) for Authentication on LDAP Server
>
> # Use full qualified LDAP DN
>
> ldap_admin_dn=CN=ldapauth,OU=Users,DC=Company,DC=com
>

> # Loginpass for Authentication on LDAP Server
>
> ldap_passwd=ldapauthpasswd
>

> # base to search for userdata(of user, that wants to login)
>
> ldap_search_base=OU=Users,DC=Company,DC=com
>
> #ldap_search_base=DC=Company,DC=com
>

> # Fieldnames (can differ between Ldap servers)
>

> ldap_search_query=(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=%1$s))

this `%1$s` looks suspicious
I would change it with `%s`

> #ldap_search_query=(sAMAccountName=%s)
>
> #ldap_search_query=(CN=%s)
>

> # the scope of the search might be: OBJECT, ONELEVEL, SUBTREE
>
> ldap_search_scope=SUBTREE
>

> # Ldap auth type(NONE, SEARCHANDBIND, SIMPLEBIND)
>
> ldap_auth_type=SEARCHANDBIND
>

> # userDN format, will be used to bind if ldap_auth_type=SIMPLEBIND
>
> ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,OU=Users,DC=beuth-hochschule.de
> ,DC=com
>
> #ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,DC=Company,DC=com
>
> #ldap_userdn_format=CN=%s,OU=Users,DC=Company,DC=com
>
> #ldap_userdn_format=CN=%s,DC=Company,DC=com
>

> # Ldap-password synchronization to OM DB
>
> ldap_sync_password_to_om=false
>

> # Ldap user attributes mapping
>
> # Set the following internal OM user attributes to their corresponding
>
> Ldap-attribute
>
> ldap_user_attr_lastname=sn
>

> But even after i changed it to my AD and tried several changes, no users
> were found.

Have you tried to search with any LDAP explorer first? (I personally using
Apache Directory Studio)

> My actual config:
>

> ldap_server_type=AD
>
> ldap_conn_host=dc2.labmed.de
>
> ldap_conn_port=389
>
> ldap_conn_secure=false
>
> ldap_admin_dn=CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=labmed,DC=de
>
> ldap_passwd=SuperSecretPassword
>
> ldap_search_base=OU=labmed,DC=labmed,DC=de
>
> #ldap_search_query=(&(objectCategory=*)(objectClass=*)(sAMAccountName=%s))
>
> ldap_search_query=(sAMAccountName=%s)
>
> ldap_search_scope= SUBTREE
>
> ldap_auth_type=SEARCHANDBIND
>
> ldap_deref_mode=never
>
> ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,DC=labmed,DC=de
>
> ldap_provisionning=NONE
>
> ldap_use_admin_to_get_attrs=true
>
> ldap_sync_password_to_om=false
>
> ldap_sync_attr_lastname=sn
>
> ldap_user_attr_firstname=givenName
>
> ldap_user_attr_mail=mail
>
> ldap_user_attr_street=streetAddress
>
> ldap_user_attr_additionalname=description
>
> ldap_user_attr_fax=facsimileTelephoneNumber
>
> ldap_user_attr_zip=postalCode
>
> ldap_user_attr_country=co
>
> ldap_user_attr_town=l
>
> ldap_user_attr_phone=telephoneNumber
>
> ldap_use_lower_case=false
>

> It is the second day by now were i am bursting by happyness....

Looking at config it's hard to say what is wrong (and access to LDAP/AD
server usually private)
So I would suggest to

1) check credentials/queries using LDAP explorer first
2) enable additional logging and check logs :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

- stop OM

- add the following line to
`$OM_HOME/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/logback-config.xml`:

    `<logger name="org.apache.directory" level="DEBUG" />`

- restart OM

- Try to log in using the configured LDAP DB and try to debug the
  problem by checking the log file. By default, logging is done to the
  file `$OM_HOME/logs/catalina.out`.

More details are here https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/pull/61
please check PR and discussion

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
really weird

--
Best regards,
Maxim

AW: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

ldap_conn_host=DESVR-AD01.mydomain.de<http://DESVR-AD01.mydomain.de>

ldap_conn_host=LDAP_server.Company.com<http://LDAP_server.Company.com>

ldap_userdn_format=sAMAccountName=%s,OU=Users,DC=beuth-hochschule.de<http://beuth-hochschule.de>,DC=com

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

AW: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
congrats :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

AW: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory

Posted by "Rohrbach, Gerald" <G....@funkegruppe.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
will answer here

--
Best regards,
Maxim

AW: Can not use LDAP-Sync with Microsoft Active Directory