Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jan Swaelens <ja...@sofico.be> on 2012/08/24 13:39:19 UTC

Element is outputted with its namespace uri as element name

Hello,

I am having an issue on a stub generated with axis2 version 1.5.3.

Somehow the stub generates the XML containing an element badly causing the
XML to be invalid.

This is how it comes out (notice bad content inside ExecuteRequest):

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
">
   <soapenv:Body>
    <ns1:ExecuteRequest xmlns:ns1="http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/">
      <ns1:http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/>
           <!-- here comes our message -->
      </ns1:http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/>
    </ns1:ExecuteRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

This is how it is supposed to come out (notice the xmlMessage element as
it should be outputted):

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
">

   <soapenv:Body>

      <ns1:ExecuteRequest xmlns:ns1="http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/">

         <xmlMessage>

           <!-- here comes our message -->

         </xmlMessage>

      </ns1:ExecuteRequest>

   </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

We generate the stub with this command:
wsdl2java.bat -uri ../mywsdl/BKRService2.wsdl -o ../myoutput -s -uw -p
be.sofico.nl.iface.bkr.verification -or

We invoke the 'ExecuteRequest' operation

This is the wsdl:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/" xmlns:soapenc="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:mime="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" xmlns:tns="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/" xmlns:s="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap12="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/" xmlns:http="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/" targetNamespace="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/" xmlns:wsdl="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">

    <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
">Provides an interface for performing CKI, LIS toetsing and
registration</wsdl:documentation>

    <wsdl:types>

        <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/">

            <s:element name="ExecuteRequest">

                <s:complexType>

                    <s:sequence>

                        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
name="xmlMessage">

                            <s:complexType mixed="true">

                                <s:sequence>

                                    <s:any />

                                </s:sequence>

                            </s:complexType>

                        </s:element>

                    </s:sequence>

                </s:complexType>

            </s:element>

            <s:element name="ExecuteRequestResponse">

                <s:complexType>

                    <s:sequence>

                        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
name="ExecuteRequestResult">

                            <s:complexType mixed="true">

                                <s:sequence>

                                    <s:any />

                                </s:sequence>

                            </s:complexType>

                        </s:element>

                    </s:sequence>

                </s:complexType>

            </s:element>

            <s:element name="ExecuteRequestCompressed">

                <s:complexType>

                    <s:sequence>

                        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
name="xmlMessage">

                            <s:complexType mixed="true">

                                <s:sequence>

                                    <s:any />

                                </s:sequence>

                            </s:complexType>

                        </s:element>

                    </s:sequence>

                </s:complexType>

            </s:element>

            <s:element name="ExecuteRequestCompressedResponse">

                <s:complexType>

                    <s:sequence>

                        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
name="ExecuteRequestCompressedResult">

                            <s:complexType mixed="true">

                                <s:sequence>

                                    <s:any />

                                </s:sequence>

                            </s:complexType>

                        </s:element>

                    </s:sequence>

                </s:complexType>

            </s:element>

        </s:schema>

    </wsdl:types>

    <wsdl:message name="ExecuteRequestSoapIn">

        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:ExecuteRequest" />

    </wsdl:message>

    <wsdl:message name="ExecuteRequestSoapOut">

        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:ExecuteRequestResponse"
/>

    </wsdl:message>

    <wsdl:message name="ExecuteRequestCompressedSoapIn">

        <wsdl:part name="parameters"
element="tns:ExecuteRequestCompressed" />

    </wsdl:message>

    <wsdl:message name="ExecuteRequestCompressedSoapOut">

        <wsdl:part name="parameters"
element="tns:ExecuteRequestCompressedResponse" />

    </wsdl:message>

    <wsdl:portType name="ServicesV2Soap">

        <wsdl:operation name="ExecuteRequest">

            <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">Execute the request. This method
performs a central entry point for the systems CKI and LIS. The requests:
registration, toets, monitor message, backoffice processing status and
general statuses are supported.</wsdl:documentation>

            <wsdl:input message="tns:ExecuteRequestSoapIn" />

            <wsdl:output message="tns:ExecuteRequestSoapOut" />

        </wsdl:operation>

        <wsdl:operation name="ExecuteRequestCompressed">

            <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">Execute the request. This method
performs a central entry point for the systems CKI and LIS. The requests:
registration, toets, monitor message, backoffice processing status and
general statuses are supported.</wsdl:documentation>

            <wsdl:input message="tns:ExecuteRequestCompressedSoapIn" />

            <wsdl:output message="tns:ExecuteRequestCompressedSoapOut" />

        </wsdl:operation>

    </wsdl:portType>

    <wsdl:binding name="ServicesV2Soap" type="tns:ServicesV2Soap">

        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />

        <wsdl:operation name="ExecuteRequest">

            <soap:operation soapAction="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/ExecuteRequest" style="document" />

            <wsdl:input>

                <soap:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:input>

            <wsdl:output>

                <soap:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:output>

        </wsdl:operation>

        <wsdl:operation name="ExecuteRequestCompressed">

            <soap:operation soapAction="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/ExecuteRequestCompressed"
style="document" />

            <wsdl:input>

                <soap:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:input>

            <wsdl:output>

                <soap:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:output>

        </wsdl:operation>

    </wsdl:binding>

    <wsdl:binding name="ServicesV2Soap12" type="tns:ServicesV2Soap">

        <soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
/>

        <wsdl:operation name="ExecuteRequest">

            <soap12:operation soapAction="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/ExecuteRequest" style="document" />

            <wsdl:input>

                <soap12:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:input>

            <wsdl:output>

                <soap12:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:output>

        </wsdl:operation>

        <wsdl:operation name="ExecuteRequestCompressed">

            <soap12:operation soapAction="
http://services.bkr.nl/servicesv2/ExecuteRequestCompressed"
style="document" />

            <wsdl:input>

                <soap12:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:input>

            <wsdl:output>

                <soap12:body use="literal" />

            </wsdl:output>

        </wsdl:operation>

    </wsdl:binding>

    <wsdl:service name="ServicesV2">

        <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
">Provides an interface for performing CKI, LIS toetsing and
registration</wsdl:documentation>

        <wsdl:port name="ServicesV2Soap" binding="tns:ServicesV2Soap">

            <soap:address location="
http://msgservers:81/Services/WEBv2/ServicesV2.asmx" />

        </wsdl:port>

        <wsdl:port name="ServicesV2Soap12" binding="tns:ServicesV2Soap12">

            <soap12:address location="
http://msgservers:81/Services/WEBv2/ServicesV2.asmx" />

        </wsdl:port>

    </wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

We where able to fix the bad output by altering the generated code, this
is the bad version:

        private void writeStartElement(java.lang.String prefix,
java.lang.String namespace, java.lang.String localPart,
                                       javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamWriter
xmlWriter) throws javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException {
            java.lang.String writerPrefix =
xmlWriter.getPrefix(namespace);
            if (writerPrefix != null) {
                xmlWriter.writeStartElement(namespace, localPart);
            } else {
                if (namespace.length() == 0) {
                    prefix = "";
                } else if (prefix == null) {
                    prefix = generatePrefix(namespace);
                }

                xmlWriter.writeStartElement(prefix, localPart, namespace);
                xmlWriter.writeNamespace(prefix, namespace);
                xmlWriter.setPrefix(prefix, namespace);
            }
        }

This is the adapted version (see the adapted 1st if block):

        private void writeStartElement(java.lang.String prefix,
java.lang.String namespace, java.lang.String localPart,
                                       javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamWriter
xmlWriter) throws javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException {
            java.lang.String writerPrefix =
xmlWriter.getPrefix(namespace);
            if (writerPrefix != null) {
                xmlWriter.writeStartElement(prefix, localPart, namespace);
                xmlWriter.setPrefix(prefix, namespace);
            } else {
                if (namespace.length() == 0) {
                    prefix = "";
                } else if (prefix == null) {
                    prefix = generatePrefix(namespace);
                }

                xmlWriter.writeStartElement(prefix, localPart, namespace);
                xmlWriter.writeNamespace(prefix, namespace);
                xmlWriter.setPrefix(prefix, namespace);
            }
        }

Please advise - is there something wrong with the wsdl? is there something
wrong with the code generation?

many thanks

Re: Element is outputted with its namespace uri as element name

Posted by Jan Swaelens <ja...@sofico.be>.
Hi,

Yeah it would be great if application server vendors would comply to that
idea, it seems like its getting worse and worse with every new release
(weblogic, websphere...). They are all packaging and loading several
libraries (all xml related ones especially but also for example axis on
was) which makes it very difficult and sometimes even impossible to use
something else in an EE app.

We'll deal with this, thanks for your help!

Re: Element is outputted with its namespace uri as element name

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Normally, when you package a StAX implementation into a J2EE
application, it is expected that the application will get that StAX
implementation, and not the implementation provided by the JRE or the
application server (it's the same as for DOM and XSLT processor
implementations). If that's not the case on WebLogic, then you need to
check the WebLogic documentation to see how to do this.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
No. Axiom is not a StAX implementation. It is a dependency of Axis2
that requires a StAX implementation.

If Woodstox is already on your classpath, then it means that there are
multiple StAX implementations present and that an implementation other
than Woodstox is selected. Can you add some test code that calls
XMLInputFactory.newInstance() and that shows the type of the returned
instance?

Andreas

Posted by Jan Swaelens <ja...@sofico.be>.
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please indicate how we could apply your suggestion?

Is there a jar which we need to add to the classpath and/or is there
configuration involved?
Additionally, is it also possible to replace the axiom jar included in the
axis2 1.5.3 library set (v1.2.13) with the version in which the issue is
fixed 1.2.14.

thanks
jan

Re: Element is outputted with its namespace uri as element name

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
That is a known issue in Axiom:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIOM-421

A workaround is to use Woodstox as StAX implementation (which is
recommended anyway).

Andreas