Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Martin Soltis <so...@novitech.sk> on 2002/07/29 15:11:41 UTC

xpath and xerces2

Hallo

Do somebody know how to access xml document with XPath in xerces2 ?

Martin

Re: xpath and xerces2

Posted by Jan Dvorak <ja...@mathan.cz>.
Hi,

The way I do it is with dom4j (www.dom4j.org).
I use an org.dom4j.io.SAXReader to build the Dom4j document from SAX events
that Xerces sends me. Then, navigating the Dom4j tree with XPath is easy.

Perhaps you could do the same on a sufficiently high level of W3C DOM, and
perhaps Xerces implements enough of this, but I don't know anything about it.

Jan Dvorak