Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Neo Wee Teck <sl...@en.com.sg> on 2003/05/08 17:56:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Yet another work around for threading in FreeBSD for apache2

Apache 2/MPM Working seems working for me. Here are some steps I took

Compile with --enable-threads --enable-mpm=worker

Do the necessary configuration of your httpd.conf

Run the httpd <-- the server will not respond to any requests

Wait about 1min then

Send a KILL -1 <httpd pid>

Now the server should start accepting request

Check out the working site http://apache.en.com.sg

Just my one-cent of idea here

Not sure how stable is the server, still testing out. Could this be a bug
that it need to be rehashed to work? Got any idea here?