Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Dillon <mi...@attbi.com> on 2003/04/17 15:32:21 UTC

ssl problem on XP

I have configured tomcat 4.1.18 with j2sdk 1.4.1
on an XP machine.  I believe I have configured ssl
correctly, 8080 works fine, when I try 8443 all
thats returned is about 6 bytes of unprintable characters.
No errors in any logs.  Any ideas ?
thanks!
mike

Re: ssl problem on XP

Posted by Ramsay Domloge <rd...@arkemedia.com>.
Mike,

I think HTTPS/SSL runs over port 443... Unless you have configured it
otherwise.

It may be that when you connect to 8443 that you are connecting to some
other service that is waiting on that port and replies with some
irrelevant data...

Ramsay

Mike Dillon wrote:
> I have configured tomcat 4.1.18 with j2sdk 1.4.1
> on an XP machine.  I believe I have configured ssl
> correctly, 8080 works fine, when I try 8443 all
> thats returned is about 6 bytes of unprintable characters.
> No errors in any logs.  Any ideas ?
> thanks!
> mike

    Ramsay Domloge
       Lead Developer

  W : http://www.arkemedia.com
  T : +44 1256 869 200
  F : +44 1256 329 119
  E : mailto:RDdomloge@arkemedia.com

            A R K E M E D I A   T E C H N O L O G I E S   L T D

       VIEW POINT    BASING VIEW    BASINGSTOKE    HAMPSHIRE    RG21 4RG

                          http://www.arkemedia.com

                         mailto:info@arkemedia.com

         Tel : +44 1256 869 200              Fax : +44 1256 329 119

 The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
 is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).

 If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for passing
 it on to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to hold a copy of
 this information and you must therefore not disclose, copy, distribute, or
 retain this message or any part of it. MAILTO:Administrator@arkemedia.com