Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vince Adamo <va...@tech-consortium.com> on 2011/02/28 22:50:16 UTC

[JMeter] Offer to submit JMeter AMF Sampler to JMeter community

I recently completed the development of a JMeter sampler for testing Flex/BlazeDS applications using Adobe's AMF Protocol over Http.  I would like to contribute this sampler to the JMeter community but it has been developed as a Maven project and not as an integrated sampler in the JMeter project tree.  The artifact produced by this project is a jar file (ApacheJMeter_amf.jar) that is automatically deployed, during the maven install phase, to the local JMeter installation's /lib/ext directory.  The dependent BlazeDS jars are also copied to the local JMeter installations /lib directory.

The implementation I would like to release is a subclass of HTTPSampler2 and provides extension points for custom AMF messages using a mechanism borrowed from the AbstractJavaSamplerClient concept.  When I began this effort several months ago I searched the JMeter web site and mailing list for any existing support for the AMF protocol.  I only saw recommendations for using the Java sampler, in combination with the BlazeDS AmfMessage class, to implement support for this protocol.  I actually went down that road but found that the BlazeDS AmfMessage class uses the default Java Http implementation.  This caused problems when testing with certain load balancers using sticky session handling via cookies, even when handling the cookies within the Java sampler.  To solve this problem I needed to ensure that the connection used by the AMF sampler was not being shared with other threads and preferably the one used to establish the sticky session with the load balancer, which happened to be a connection established using an HTTPClient sampler performing authentication for our application.  Therefore I chose to extend the HTTPSampler2 class.

In any event, I am wondering if there is a precedence for releasing open source thirdparty samplers outside of the JMeter project, or whether one of the current contributors would be interested and willing to integrate this project into the main JMeter source tree.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Vince Adamo

Re: [JMeter] Offer to submit JMeter AMF Sampler to JMeter community

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.
I Will do.

Regards
Philippe

On Monday, February 28, 2011, Vince Adamo <va...@tech-consortium.com> wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> I opened an enhancement request and attached the source.
>
> See Bug 50842 - Adobe AMF Protocol Sampler based on HTTPSampler2
>
> Please feel free to e-mail me with any comments and/or questions.
>
> Thanks again,
> Vince

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.
Ubik-Ingénierie

Re: [JMeter] Offer to submit JMeter AMF Sampler to JMeter community

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28 February 2011 22:35, Vince Adamo <va...@tech-consortium.com> wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> I opened an enhancement request and attached the source.
>
> See Bug 50842 - Adobe AMF Protocol Sampler based on HTTPSampler2
>
> Please feel free to e-mail me with any comments and/or questions.

Unfortunately, the BlazeDS library is LGPL 3, which cannot be included
in ASF releases.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

RE: [JMeter] Offer to submit JMeter AMF Sampler to JMeter community

Posted by Vince Adamo <va...@tech-consortium.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: [JMeter] Offer to submit JMeter AMF Sampler to JMeter community

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello M. Adamo,

--
Cordialement.