Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ravi mane <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/28 10:53:58 UTC

autostart guest VM of KVM host

Dear Team,

How can we achieve the autostart of vm hosted on kvm hypervisor on boot of
hypervisor.

on boot of kvm hypervisor vms which were present on it should be online /
offline respective to its previous status before boot.

Regards,
Ravi

Re: autostart guest VM of KVM host

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
AFAIK HA is the only feature that makes this happen.
Init scripts won't solve this issue because the VMs are not permanently registered within libvirt.

HTH

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Prashant Mishra <pr...@accelerite.com>.
AFAIK HA will try to migrate vm to another available host, if no host
available vms will go in stop state and will not be powered without manual
intervention. Kvm should handle this situation as mentioned in article or
putting some vm start-script in init.d should also solve the issue .
Thanks
prashant

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prashant Mishra <pr...@accelerite.com>.
I don¹t think there are something available from CS  , but you can do it
from KVM side please follow the article
http://serverfault.com/questions/144460/how-to-automatically-start-vm-creat
ed-by-virt-manager

Thanks
prashant

On 3/28/16, 2:23 PM, "ravi mane" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Team,
>
>How can we achieve the autostart of vm hosted on kvm hypervisor on boot of
>hypervisor.
>
>on boot of kvm hypervisor vms which were present on it should be online /
>offline respective to its previous status before boot.
>
>Regards,
>Ravi

DISCLAIMER