Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Robert J Walker <ro...@moh.hnet.bc.ca> on 2001/06/28 21:13:39 UTC

Re: 10 fresh digits...

Hi Axl.
In the current Apache-SOAP implementation, the entire file attachment is
read into memory before it is sent, and similarily when received I
believe. Consequently, when I send many SOAP messages each with a large
file attachment to a server the server quickly runs of memory,
exceptions are thrown and threads die.
Obviously not what you want to see when building a robust application.
If I may suggest then that this "in memory" issue be given some
consideration in your future implementation of file attachments.

Cheers,
Robert Walker