Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr." <kd...@kcmria.com> on 2002/09/17 21:00:59 UTC

Tomcat won't auto-start on RedHat 7.3

I have successfully installed Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 4.0.4, and mod_jk and
all works fine.  The problem I have is that I wrote a simple startup script
for Tomcat to be executed upon init level 5 entrance.  If I run the script
from a shell prompt, it works fine.  If it runs when Linux is booting,
though it says "OK" when starting, Tomcat doesn't actually get started.

The script is:

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
   start)
      echo -n "Starting Tomcat: "
      /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/bin/startup.sh
      echo
      ;;
   stop)
      echo -n "Stopping Tomcat: "
      /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/bin/shutdown.sh
      echo
      ;;
   restart)
      $0 stop