Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Whyley <wh...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 18:00:13 UTC

[users@httpd] How to write a postfile for Apache's ab load test tool ?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the ab tool provided with Apache web server (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html>)
to do some basic load testing of a site, and would like to use the -p flag
to supply a link to a postfile containing data to POST to the server.

Does anyone know what format the data in this file should take ?

I have a TCP monitoring tool that has enabled me to capture data being
posted from my browser to the web server, so I have the informationneeded.

Ideally I'd like to be able to POST uploaded files to the server as well, so
any examples on how to do this from the postfile would beappreciated.
 Thanks.