Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/02 14:25:42 UTC

.gitignore and .gitattributes in the SVN repository

Hi,

It looks like .gitignore and .gitattributes are missing.

Are there objections if I commit those in SVN?

It would simplify git experience: git know which files to ignore and
which line endings to use.

Vladimir

Re: .gitignore and .gitattributes in the SVN repository

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 April 2016 at 14:18, Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the next question is

Please start a new thread or this discussion will get lost.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 April 2016 at 14:06, Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sebb>Yes.

Actually: No
Sorry, was looking at the wrong files.
I've no idea why the report-template files have those settings.

> Those are css, js and txt files.
> Why CRLF is expected there?
>
> What if someone edits one of those files via OS X or Linux?
> Default editors would not adhere CRLF.

Agreed, see above.

> sebb>AFAIK XML files use CRLF on all platforms.
>
> That is false.

Indeed, was having a lack-of-coffee moment.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 April 2016 at 13:49, Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops. .gitignore is there. I'll updated accordingly.
>
> Regarding .gitattributes: current bin/report-template/** files have
> CRLF line endings.
> Is that expected?

Yes.

AFAIK XML files use CRLF on all platforms.

IIRC the settings were added originally because of some difference problems.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Ok for me, when you will commit can you add in commit message:
#resolve #24
As there is an open PR https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/24

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: .gitignore and .gitattributes in the SVN repository

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 02.04.2016 um 14:25 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like .gitignore and .gitattributes are missing.
.gitignore is not missing. It is included since r1685876.

Regards,
  Felix