Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "margeaux.egorova@spglobal.com" <ma...@spglobal.com> on 2020/05/28 20:21:11 UTC

Looking for Help! Custom Processor NAR autoloader

Hello!

I am looking for guidance on an issue I am facing concerning utilizing the autoloading of custom processors using the extensions directory.

The issue is with autoloading custom processor NARs and being able to see them in the UI without a restart of the docker container.  I can confirm that the NARs are showing up in the extensions folder as they should but while tailing the docker logs to see the if the autoloader is picking it up it is not.

If anyone has any tips on troubleshooting this I would be very grateful!

Thank you,

Margeaux Egorova
Data Engineer, Architecture
S&P Global  | Market Intelligence
+1.804.499.9414
East Coast, USA (Remote)

#NiFittyNARwhals

~~~ *~*~ Happy Data Flowing ~*~* ~~~

________________________________

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may be a confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. S&P Global Inc. reserves the right, subject to applicable local law, to monitor, review and process the content of any electronic message or information sent to or from S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses without informing the sender or recipient of the message. By sending electronic message or information to S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses you, as the sender, are consenting to S&P Global Inc. processing any of your personal data therein.

Re: Looking for Help! Custom Processor NAR autoloader

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Very important to distinguish here...

You cannot hot reload the same nar (same component version info in the
manifest).  However, you can hot load additional new versions and select
them in the UI.  If you're tossing a new copy of the nar with the same
manifest metadata in the lib it wont see it until restart.  But if you
tweak the metadata of the nar it should.

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.