Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sebastien Douche <sd...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 15:18:56 UTC

post-commit issue : waiting long time for a commit

Hi,
I use mailer.py in post-commit and each commit takes 15 to 30 seconds.
Without this script, commit is very fast. So, I try to debug with
running the script by hand (www-data user, command with env -) and all
is ok, no error message.

Any ideas ?

--
Solution Linux (février)
XPDays FR (mai)

Re: post-commit issue : waiting long time for a commit

Posted by Sebastien Douche <sd...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 4:23 PM, Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use mailer.py in post-commit and each commit takes 15 to 30 seconds.
> > Without this script, commit is very fast. So, I try to debug with
> > running the script by hand (www-data user, command with env -) and all
> > is ok, no error message.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>
> When you run the script by hand, how long does it take to run?

Very fast (<1s).

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 10:18 AM, Sebastien Douche <sd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use mailer.py in post-commit and each commit takes 15 to 30 seconds.
> Without this script, commit is very fast. So, I try to debug with
> running the script by hand (www-data user, command with env -) and all
> is ok, no error message.
>
> Any ideas ?

When you run the script by hand, how long does it take to run?

Unless your post-commit forks itself to "exit" quickly, then your
commit will not finish until the script is completed. Depending upon
what mailer.py has to do, it could take a while.