Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ramesh R N <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 17:32:17 UTC

how to load data from SequenceFile(with Snappy compression) into hive

Hi,

   I had been trying to import data from a sequence-file stored in HDFS,
compressed with Snappy. (the original file is a massive-log file).
  I had created the tables in hive-metastore(MySQL) and installed Snappy
and tried several approaches:
  1. gave the direct path with "hdfs://" prefix
  2. tried to download the file and import as a local file
 like
  LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH 'FlumeData.1362965571811' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE
recordsflume;

  Can somebody shed some light on how to import data from a sequenceFile to
Hive?
  Thanks in advance.

regards
Ramesh