Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ji...@orcz.cz on 2003/04/11 12:55:40 UTC

Footnote problem

I have problem with footnotes.

When the <fo:flow> text fills the whole page,  I am able only to show what
is in footnote's <fo:inline>, but the footnote text itself is not shown at
all, not even on another page.  I slightly modified example from FOP
(0.20.5), so it shows exactly that case. Is there some solution in this
case to show footnote's text and keep it on last page ? Thanks.

(See attached file: footnote_problem.fo)
                                                        Thanks, Jiri

Re: Footnote problem

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jiri_Nejedly@orcz.cz wrote:
> When the <fo:flow> text fills the whole page,  I am able only to show what
> is in footnote's <fo:inline>, but the footnote text itself is not shown at
> all, not even on another page.  I slightly modified example from FOP
> (0.20.5), so it shows exactly that case. Is there some solution in this
> case to show footnote's text and keep it on last page ? Thanks.

That's a known bug. I don't think anybody will fix it soon.
Insert a page break somewhere before the footnote as a workaround.

J.Pietschmann