Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Sudheer Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/12 12:20:20 UTC

Is there any way to shutdown Velocity

Hi,

I have a problem when uninstalling a web application from application
server. The server is not able to delete velocity.log file. It tries to
delete it 5 times and then give up. This happens only when an running
application is being uninstalled.
Any body experience such an issue?
Is there any way to shutdown Velocity?
Is there any workaround to this issue?

--
Sudheer Kumar Arimbra

Re: Is there any way to shutdown Velocity

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
i've not heard of such an issue, but it sounds like an issue with the
logging configuration, not Velocity itself.  How are you using
Velocity?  Which version? Which velocity jar?  Did you change any
velocity.properties?

It's hard to answer your question without knowing more.  The only
"workaround" i can suggest is to change your configured LogChute to
something else.