Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Manu Sikka <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/31 04:23:20 UTC

Class MedicationAllergyModifier

I ran text in the CAS which included medication which the patient was allergic to but the class MedicationAllergyModifier did not catch it.  It caught the medication which is good but it is concerning that the medication was not caught in the context of allergy, but as a general medication similar to what the patient takes.  In this case it was a penicillin allergy.
ThanksManu

RE: Class MedicationAllergyModifier

Posted by Manu Sikka <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Also where is the actual logic for "medication  in the context of allergy".  I looked at the class MedicationAllergyModifier but it seemed to be pretty empty.  Is the sentence parsed and then the keywords allergy/allergies and medication , if they occur in the same sentence, suggestive of a allergy i.e what is the logic behind this?
Thanks againManu

From: manusikka@hotmail.com
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Class MedicationAllergyModifier