Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jim Ronan <jm...@ronans.us> on 2007/04/09 16:44:35 UTC

Can Multiple Brokers Share a single DB schema

Hi all,

My architecture is 4 web application servers and a 2 node Oracle RAC
cluster.

I'd like have a broker running on each Oracle node, with the web
applications (JMS message producing clients) load-balanced between the two
brokers.  I would also have JMS clients (on other servers) consuming
messages from the two brokers.

Can the brokers share the same database schema or do they each need their
own schema?  If they can, should they?  - or are there reasons to keep them
separate.

Thanks

Re: Can Multiple Brokers Share a single DB schema

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/9/07, Jim Ronan <jm...@ronans.us> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My architecture is 4 web application servers and a 2 node Oracle RAC
> cluster.
>
> I'd like have a broker running on each Oracle node, with the web
> applications (JMS message producing clients) load-balanced between the two
> brokers.  I would also have JMS clients (on other servers) consuming
> messages from the two brokers.
>
> Can the brokers share the same database

No they can't.

--

James
-------

Re: Can Multiple Brokers Share a single DB schema

Posted by Jim Ronan <jm...@ronans.us>.
Ok, after a bit more research and experimentation I understand that this is
exactly the master-slave configuration.  Sorry to bother ...