Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net> on 2008/12/10 13:07:17 UTC

VFS - Could not load VFS configuration

Hi
I'm having trouble using recent versions of Commons VFS.
Current trunk gives the following error:

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not load VFS
configuration from
"jar:file:/media/Fort/per/program/backup/lib/commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/commons/vfs/impl/providers.xml".
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.configure(StandardFileSystemManager.java:199)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.init(StandardFileSystemManager.java:126)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks.VfsTask.resolveFile(VfsTask.java:53)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create
file provider of class
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.DefaultLocalFileProvider".
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.createInstance(StandardFileSystemManager.java:477)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.addProvider(StandardFileSystemManager.java:358)
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.DefaultLocalFileProvider

while the latest release (commons-vfs-1.0) works without error.
Here is the ant script I've tested with

<project xmlns:vfs="antlib:org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks">
    <taskdef uri="antlib:org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks"
resource="org/apache/commons/vfs/tasks/antlib.xml">
        <classpath>
            <pathelement location="lib/commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
            <pathelement location="lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar"/>
        </classpath>
    </taskdef>

    <target name="test">
        <vfs:copy src="lib" destdir="lib2" />
    </target>
</project>

Does anyone know a solution to this?
My environment:

java version "1.6.0_0"
IcedTea6 1.3.1 (6b12-0ubuntu6) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b12)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 1.6.0_0-b12, mixed mode, sharing)

Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on October 3 2008

Thanks
/Per

Re: VFS - Could not load VFS configuration

Posted by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>.
Done
VFS-228

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.

Posted by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Me too.

Posted by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>.
Hi

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>.
Hi

Posted by Mark Fortner <ph...@gmail.com>.
It looks like your classpath doesn't include all of the vfs libraries.  You
might want to check to see that you have all dependent libraries.  The VFS
project page should give you a list of dependencies.

Hope this helps,

Mark

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Per Hermansson <hermansson.per@bredband.net
> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm having trouble using recent versions of Commons VFS.
> Current trunk gives the following error:
>
> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not load VFS
> configuration from
> "jar:file:/media/Fort/per/program/backup/lib/commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/commons/vfs/impl/providers.xml".
>   at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.configure(StandardFileSystemManager.java:199)
>   at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.init(StandardFileSystemManager.java:126)
>   at org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks.VfsTask.resolveFile(VfsTask.java:53)
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create
> file provider of class
> "org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.DefaultLocalFileProvider".
>   at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.createInstance(StandardFileSystemManager.java:477)
>   at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager.addProvider(StandardFileSystemManager.java:358)
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.DefaultLocalFileProvider
>   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
>   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>
> while the latest release (commons-vfs-1.0) works without error.
> Here is the ant script I've tested with
>
> <project xmlns:vfs="antlib:org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks">
>   <taskdef uri="antlib:org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks"
> resource="org/apache/commons/vfs/tasks/antlib.xml">
>       <classpath>
>           <pathelement location="lib/commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
>           <pathelement location="lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar"/>
>       </classpath>
>   </taskdef>
>
>   <target name="test">
>       <vfs:copy src="lib" destdir="lib2" />
>   </target>
> </project>
>
> Does anyone know a solution to this?
> My environment:
>

> java version "1.6.0_0"
> IcedTea6 1.3.1 (6b12-0ubuntu6) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b12)
> OpenJDK Client VM (build 1.6.0_0-b12, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on October 3 2008
>
> Thanks
> /Per

Mark Fortner

blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/jroller/ideafactory