Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/11 19:41:11 UTC

Possible bug in validation after XmlCursor operations in v2

I'm working on converting geronimo deployment to use v2 and think I
have found a bug.

For J2CA 1.0 ra.xml deployment descriptors I manipulate the document
using XmlCursors into a J2CA 1.5 valid document, change the schema
type, and validate the result.  This worked fine with Xmlbeans 1, but
fails with v2.

If I write the modified document out to a string and then parse it
again it validates correctly.

The error message claims that an element has non-element content: I
can't see it in the toString output, and as just noted reparsing
doesn't see it either.

Is there a test case I could imitate to provide an easy-to-use
demonstration, or would looking at the geronimo code be good enough
(once I check it in, with the workaround)?

Many thanks,
david jencks