Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com> on 2002/09/12 16:49:29 UTC

Apache module developer needed.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this....

I have a client that needs a simple custom apache module developed.
Rather than trying to remember C, I thought it best to offer the
apache developers a few days paid work.

The module needed is simply to take the remote and local IP
address and port of the actual connection to the server and set
them as request headers.

These headers need to propogate via mod_jk, mod_webapp, mod_proxy
or any other common mechanism used for appending a Java webapp to
apache.

The values in the headers are to be the real values - not those
reported in a Host header and should work for normal or SSL connections.
While some of these are available to servlets behind apache, the remote
port is not and that is the most important for this client.

We will need a version for apache 1 and apache 2.

The client has no problems with the result being open sourced, but
I don't think they are that generally applicable?

Anyway, if you are interested in quoting for the work - please email
me directly.

Sorry again if this is the wrong forum for this - but I could not find
anything more appropriate.

--
Greg Wilkins<gr...@mortbay.com>             Phone/fax: +44 7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.          http://www.mortbay.com

Re: Apache module developer needed.

Posted by Jason Kissinger <jl...@windchill.com>.
Doesn't mod_headers give you what you need, at least for Apache 2?
Doesn't look like request headers are handled by Apache 1.3 mod_headers
though.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_headers.html

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

> Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this....

I don't think anyone on this list will object to hearing about real
opportunities to do on-topic work for hire. Head hunter fishing expeditions
would be another matter entirely.

Bill (who has enough work in my day job)