Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2015/02/08 08:01:35 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC3

Hi All,

I've created yet another 4.5.0 release candidate, with the following
artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SH:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150208T0646
Commit: 187935a0e3c68e01ed33a8f7f0e6d69e6cdb0aca

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.0-rc3/

PGP release keys (signed using 0x6fe50f1c):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

--David

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC3

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

Adding users@, you may use the following if you're unable to build from
source:

SystemVM template links:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/systemvmtemplate/4.5/

Repository for testing 4.5 RC3:
(noredist build, built using 187935a0e3c68e01ed33a8f7f0e6d69e6cdb0aca)

CentOS6:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/centos/

CentOS7:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/centos7/

Debian:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/debian/

My test results:

Simulator based smoke tests are green:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/cloudstack/builds/49891244

Following was tested with KVM (Ubuntu 14.04LTS based) and works:

- Basic Zone with shared storage: vm lifecycle (start, stop, restart,
scaleup etc), snapshot, migration
- Basic Zone with local storage: vm lifecycle, snapshots, migration
(migration only when VM was shutdown in case of KVM but in case of Xen
tested that live migration works)
- Advance Zone with/without local storage: vm lifecycle, snapshots,
migration (migration only when VM was shutdown in case of KVM but in
case of Xen tested that live migration works), firewall rules,
portforwarding, etc.
- VPC in Advance Zone with/without local/shared storage: vm lifecycle,
sbtier management, port forwarding, snat etc.
- SAML testing with Fiede OpenIDP, OneLogin, PingIdentity work; with
Shibboleth based IdP improvements are needed as such IdPs have org
specific use-cases, attributes and security policies (docs updated:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/accounts.html#using-a-saml-2-0-identity-provider-for-user-authentication)

On Sunday 08 February 2015 12:31 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've created yet another 4.5.0 release candidate, with the following
> artifacts up for a vote:
>
> Git Branch and Commit SH:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150208T0646
> Commit: 187935a0e3c68e01ed33a8f7f0e6d69e6cdb0aca
>
> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
> location):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.0-rc3/
>
> PGP release keys (signed using 0x6fe50f1c):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>
> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>

> --David

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC3

Posted by Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>.
Seem to be hitting CLOUDSTACK-7671 despite it previously being marked as
fixed.

Using the ShapeBlue centos7 testing RPMs with Xenserver 6.5. By the looks of
the jira issue, I'm not the only one. This is a bit of a blocker for me at
least as you can’t reboot the management server without manually modifying
the pid file before starting up the cloudstack-management service.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Daan,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Gents,

<mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
> FYI: I have resolved and closed out
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8233.
>
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Here is the newly created bug:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8233
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> -1
>>>
>>> Marcus and I are working on a fix for not being able to create VMs on KVM
>>> due to kvmclock not being recognized by older versions of Libvirt.
>>>
>>> I have most of the testing done. I should be done with the rest of it
>>> today and can check this code in.
>>>
>>> I don't think we have a ticket for this, so I'll go ahead and create one.
>>>
>>> Thanks (and sorry for the need for a subsequent RC)!

>>> --
>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>

>> --
>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> o: 303.746.7302
>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302

Daan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC3

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
FYI: I have resolved and closed out
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8233.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> wrote:

> Here is the newly created bug:

> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> -1
>>
>> Marcus and I are working on a fix for not being able to create VMs on KVM
>> due to kvmclock not being recognized by older versions of Libvirt.
>>
>> I have most of the testing done. I should be done with the rest of it
>> today and can check this code in.
>>
>> I don't think we have a ticket for this, so I'll go ahead and create one.
>>
>> Thanks (and sorry for the need for a subsequent RC)!
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 12:01 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've created yet another 4.5.0 release candidate, with the following
>>> artifacts up for a vote:
>>>
>>> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>>>
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150208T0646
>>> Commit: 187935a0e3c68e01ed33a8f7f0e6d69e6cdb0aca
>>>
>>> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
>>> location):
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.0-rc3/
>>>
>>> PGP release keys (signed using 0x6fe50f1c):
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>>>
>>> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
>>> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>>>
>>> [ ] +1  approve
>>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>>

>>> --David
>>>

>> --
>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> o: 303.746.7302
>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302

*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Here is the newly created bug:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> wrote:

> -1
>
> Marcus and I are working on a fix for not being able to create VMs on KVM
> due to kvmclock not being recognized by older versions of Libvirt.
>
> I have most of the testing done. I should be done with the rest of it
> today and can check this code in.
>
> I don't think we have a ticket for this, so I'll go ahead and create one.
>
> Thanks (and sorry for the need for a subsequent RC)!
>
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 12:01 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've created yet another 4.5.0 release candidate, with the following
>> artifacts up for a vote:
>>
>> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150208T0646
>> Commit: 187935a0e3c68e01ed33a8f7f0e6d69e6cdb0aca
>>
>> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
>> location):
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.0-rc3/
>>
>> PGP release keys (signed using 0x6fe50f1c):
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>>
>> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
>> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>

>> --David
>>

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302

*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
-1

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
> On 08-Feb-2015, at 7:22 pm, Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> -1, upgrade from 4.4.3 fails due to DB issues:

AFAIR Daan asked if people wanted 4.4.3, there was not enough momentum and we already had 4.5 RC1 voting going on. But if we’ve other blocker wrt kvm etc let’s fix it in the meantime. Though I would not considered both of them as blockers.

> (main:null) DB version = 4.4.3 Code Version = 4.5.0
> (main:null) Database upgrade must be performed from 4.4.3 to 4.5.0
> (main:null) There is no upgrade path from 4.4.3 to 4.5.0

> Nux!
> www.nux.ro

Regards,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Pierre,

> On 09-Feb-2015, at 12:35 am, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>
> My bad, install template work, I've ran out of space on the NFS.
>
> Rohit, I did delete content of /var/cache/cloudstack,
>
> These are not big issues execpt the Algo listing. it's strang, it work for
> a Guest network but not a VPC.

If you removed the cache and restart management server and cleared your browser cache, and now if you’re seeing any missing labels it’s a minor bug that needs to be fixed.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Check your cloud.log.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

An attempt to upgrade from 4.4.1 to 4.5 RC3 was successful, so were several basic tests, so I'm reverting my -1 to +1 as far as I am concerned.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks Rohit for the version tip, it worked.

Now I come with a "valid" -1. The SSVM won't run properly, does not mount the SS and cloud.log shows:
"ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null) Unable to start agent: Resource class not found: com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource due to: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource"

No other meaningful error appears elsewhere.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
> On 08-Feb-2015, at 8:49 pm, Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> True, but there was word about a 4.4.3, otherwise I wouldn't have tested it.
>
> How could I work around it? Is there a way to tell ACS to pretend it's on 4.4.2?

The work around is:

Shutdown all management servers and usage servers. Remove the row that says version 4.4.3 from cloud.version table. Now upgrade management/usage servers to 4.5.0 and start it. Since there is no difference in upgrade paths from 4.4.2 or 4.4.3; the upgrade should theoretically work.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
I cant positively vote on this just yet, I've noticed that I have issues
with encryption/decryption of passwords..

-0, until i make further progress...

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
My finding thus far - not a blocker, could be classified as known
issues, but should consider fixing:

My environment:
OEL 6.3
CloudStack 4.3.2
vSphere 5.5 and ESXi5.5

Issues noticed:

-------------
CloudStack MS complains:
2015-02-11 00:55:58,545 DEBUG [c.c.u.s.Script] (main:null) Executing:
sudo keytool -genkey -keystore
/etc/cloudstack/management/cloudmanagementserver.keystore -storepass
vmops.com -keypass vmops.co
m -keyalg RSA -validity 3650 -dname cn="Cloudstack
User",ou="example.com",o="corp.apple.com",c="Unknown"
2015-02-11 00:55:58,572 DEBUG [c.c.u.s.Script] (main:null) Exit value is 1
2015-02-11 00:55:58,573 DEBUG [c.c.u.s.Script] (main:null) sudo: no tty
present and no askpass program specified
2015-02-11 00:55:58,574 WARN  [c.c.s.ConfigurationServerImpl]
(main:null) Would use fail-safe keystore to continue.
java.io.IOException: Fail to generate certificate!: sudo: no tty present
and no askpass program specified
         at
com.cloud.server.ConfigurationServerImpl.generateDefaultKeystore(ConfigurationServerImpl.java:604)
         at
com.cloud.server.ConfigurationServerImpl.updateSSLKeystore(ConfigurationServerImpl.java:632)

Solution:
Append following to sudoers

-----------
[...]

append /usr/bin/keytool to cloud user, example:
 > cloud ALL =NOPASSWD : /bin/chmod, /bin/cp, /bin/mkdir, /bin/mount,
/bin/umount, /usr/bin/keytool

alternatively, create a separate file in /etc/sudoers.d/cloudstack and
append both lines
Defaults:cloud                              !requiretty
cloud ALL =NOPASSWD : /bin/chmod, /bin/cp, /bin/mkdir, /bin/mount,
/bin/umount, /usr/bin/keytool

Going to open another bug about OnwireClassRegistry, what it this error?
It occurs when MS starts.

2015-02-11 01:06:59,582 DEBUG [o.a.c.f.c.i.ConfigDepotImpl] (main:null)
Retrieving keys from ExtensionRegistry
2015-02-11 01:07:02,372 DEBUG [o.a.c.f.s.OnwireClassRegistry]
(main:null) Encountered IOException
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
     at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.ensureOpen(ZipInputStream.java:66)
     at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getNextEntry(ZipInputStream.java:115)
     at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getNextEntry(JarInputStream.java:142)
     at
java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getNextJarEntry(JarInputStream.java:179)
     at
org.apache.cloudstack.framework.serializer.OnwireClassRegistry.getFromJARFile(OnwireClassRegistry.java:162)
     at
org.apache.cloudstack.framework.serializer.OnwireClassRegistry.getClasses(OnwireClassRegistry.java:119)
     at
org.apache.cloudstack.framework.serializer.OnwireClassRegistry.getClasses(OnwireClassRegistry.java:95)
     at
org.apache.cloudstack.framework.serializer.OnwireClassRegistry.scan(OnwireClassRegistry.java:76)

--------
There is something strange with db.properties and key file - i think
mostly related to ownership and perms. I will rerun upgrade to confirm -
but it seemed to be the case on my several attempts.

--------

Successful tests:

Create VM with multiple disks
Start VM
Destroy VM
Snapshot VM
No noticed issues or errors while MS core has been running for few hours
except for the ones above.

If we can get clarity on how to address the issues or note them in docs,
I dont see any blockers that cause functional issues. So i'm +0 -
pending my final tests,  i would like to know what can be done for the
errors above.

I can submit a patch, but due to $work policies, it may take much longer
for me to do.

Regards
ilya