Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com> on 2011/02/16 18:50:41 UTC

using VERSIONS vs unique row key

If I have to store multiple events (time-based) for multiple users,
-> either I could create a unique row key for every event (or)
-> use user id as the key & have a higher value for VERSIONS

what are some of the pros/cons of using VERSIONS? Guess it depends on use case & access patterns..
Just looking for general pros/cons

thanks

Re: using VERSIONS vs unique row key

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Please check the archives, there have been some threads about this recently.