Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it> on 2002/04/16 10:20:50 UTC

Webmin

>From the daily digest posting of freshmeat, I learned that a new
version of Webmin (0.960) was released (contrary to most of the open
source configuration GUI's, this one is webby, which may be important
for some people).

After downloading it, I saw that finally Apache 2.0 is supported.

So anybody who has waited for this event before either adopting Webmin
OR migrating to Apache 2.0, there is no excuse anymore...

I hope that other projects that still don't support 2.0 (mod_perl,
FastCGI, etc.) will do it soon.

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it

Re: Webmin

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
>>As to mod_perl - I apologize if I was wrong (was I?).

Yup, you were :) The announcement of modperl beta was made by Doug here:
http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/jycrulzhon

Re: Webmin

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
> > Comanche works fine with Apache 2.0 as well.
> > mod_perl has supported 2.0 for as long as I can remember, in fact it was the
> > first major module to do so and take advantage of the new threading
> > capabilities.
>
> As far as I know, Comanche is not webby (i.e. web interface), but
> tcl/tk.

I know, I wrote it :) I just pointed out it works fine with 2.0

> As to mod_perl - I apologize if I was wrong (was I?).

No need to apologize :) just wanted to point out that it is indeed supported

Re: Webmin

Posted by Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it>.
Daniel Lopez wrote:

> Comanche works fine with Apache 2.0 as well.
> mod_perl has supported 2.0 for as long as I can remember, in fact it was the
> first major module to do so and take advantage of the new threading
> capabilities.

As far as I know, Comanche is not webby (i.e. web interface), but
tcl/tk.
As to mod_perl - I apologize if I was wrong (was I?).

In general, I think it will be useful to "map" the status of migration
of Apache add-ons and modules to 2.0 (including proprietary like FP).

Re: Webmin

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
Comanche works fine with Apache 2.0 as well.
mod_perl has supported 2.0 for as long as I can remember, in fact it was the
first major module to do so and take advantage of the new threading
capabilities.

Daniel

Re: Webmin

Posted by Ben Evans <be...@parasolsolutions.com>.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:20:50AM +0300, Eli Marmor wrote:
> >From the daily digest posting of freshmeat, I learned that a new
> version of Webmin (0.960) was released (contrary to most of the open
> source configuration GUI's, this one is webby, which may be important
> for some people).

That reminds me. I got part way through writing a webby config GUI for
Apache. Given that Webmin is *large* (5MB) and a seperate package
would there be interest in producing something more stripped down,
just for use with Apache?

Are there already projects out there which I'm not aware of?

Ben