Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br> on 2004/11/10 19:20:28 UTC

Friendly messages

Is there any chance to add the classname (or table name or query
executed) when the following error occur?

org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException:
com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4005] (at 988):
Unknown column name:SITUACAO

Thanks,

Edson Richter

Re: Friendly messages

Posted by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net>.
I tried looking for how to submit patches via Scarab, but its interface
is just plain unusable.  Anyway, I figured that I'd try and add usefully
error messages to the locations where PersistenceBrokerSQLException.
Most of them were already logging some information before throwing the
exception, so I just added what they were logging as the
PersistenceBrokerSQLException message.  Hopefully this is useful.

Armin Waibel wrote:

> Didn't you get an error log message before the exception was thrown?
> I can find 7 classes throwing PersistenceBrokerSQLException most of
> them do not specify the classname causing the SQLException.
> Will add this on my endless todo-list ;-)
>
> regards,
> Armin

    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist
    iPOV
    www.ipov.net

Re: Friendly messages

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: Friendly messages

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
Hi Edson. Not sure what you mean, but..
I always catch the exception a show the user a friendly (localized)
message using xingu-system-messages available at http://xingu.sf.net