Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/11/15 23:42:43 UTC

[OT] Webinar on spatial search using Lucene and Solr

From Here to There, You Can Find it Anywhere:
> Building Local/Geo-Search
> with Apache Lucene and Solr

Join us for a free webinar hosted by TechTarget / TheServerSide.com
> Wednesday, November 18th 2009
> 10:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM EST

Click here to sign up
> http://theserversidecom.bitpipe.com/detail/RES/1257457967_42.html&amp;asrc=CL_PRM_Lucid_11_18_09_c&amp;li=252934

With new advances in the flexibility and customizability of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search, the ubiquity of location-aware devices and vast amounts of spatial data, tremendous opportunities open up to deliver more powerful and effective geo-aware search results.

We'll hear from Grant Ingersoll, co-founder of Lucid Imagination and chairman of the Apache Lucene PMC, for an in-depth technical workshop on the potential and application of the newly released Lucene and Solr geo-search functions. Grant will be joined by thought leaders: Ryan McKinley, co-founder of Voyager GIS and Apache Lucene PMC member; and Sameer Maggon, of AT&T Interactive, which manages and delivers online and mobile advertising products across AT&T's media platforms.

> Features and benefits of using spatial data in a search engine
> > Representing and leveraging spatial data in Lucene to empower Local Search
> > Spatial search in action, a peek at Voyager GIS, a tool to index and search geographic data
> > How AT&T Interactive uses Solr/Lucene to power local search at YP.com

Click here to sign up
> http://theserversidecom.bitpipe.com/detail/RES/1257457967_42.html&amp;asrc=CL_PRM_Lucid_11_18_09_c&amp;li=252934

> About the presenters:

Grant Ingersoll
> Co-founder of Lucid Imagination
> Grant Ingersoll, co-founder of Lucid Imagination, is a published expert in search and Natural Language Processing, with many articles published on Lucene, Solr, findability, relevance, and is co-founder of the Apache Mahout machine learning project. Grant's the author of the forthcoming book "Taming Text", from Manning publications.

Ryan McKinley
> Co-founder of Voyager GIS
> Ryan McKinley, co-founder of Voyager GIS, works with technology to help find, share, and distribute information. He has built many sites using solr, including: ludb.clui.org andwww.digitalcommonwealth.org. He was a partner at Squid Labs and co-founded www.instructables.com. Ryan is a member of Lucid Imagination's Technical Advisory Board.

Sameer Maggon