Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Josie Walls <jo...@whatcounts.com> on 2008/05/13 19:59:51 UTC

Spanish Content

Hello,

I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due to
some of the symbols used.

Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?

Should they use English content and use a web link for the Spanish content?

Thanks very much for your insight.

Kindest Regards,

Josie

Josie Walls

Senior Email Deliverability Manager

WhatCounts, Inc.

Business Email, RSS, Mobile, and Blog Marketing
206-709-8250 X143 (office)
917-361-4155 (cell)
206-709-9210 (fax)
800-440-7005 (support)

Re: Spanish Content

Posted by Diego Pomatta <in...@abelsonsa.com.ar>.
Diego Pomatta escribió:
> Try adding
>
> loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
>
> to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, to enable the TextCat plugin

Or better yet, edit your /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre file and
uncomment #loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
It's already there :$ but disabled by default.

Re: Spanish Content

Posted by Diego Pomatta <in...@abelsonsa.com.ar>.
Diego Pomatta escribió:
> For more info on usage, etc -->
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_TextCat.html

Make that
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_TextCat.html
for the 3.2.x version.

Re: Spanish Content

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
> > I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due
> > to some of the symbols used.
> >
> > Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?
>
> Try adding
>
> loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
>
> to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, to enable the TextCat plugin
> then add
>
> ok_locales              en
> ok_languages          en es

Enabling these will NOT help. The default for both is all.

Moreover, enabling these will just trigger additional rules for charsets
and languages respectively, that are not in the list.

ok_locales [1] en will only change anything in this case of Spanish
content, if it is currently set to a list that neither contains all nor
en. In which case English text would suffer from the same.

Adding ok_languages es will only change anything, if it is missing from
the list and the plugin already is enabled, plus the messages in
question hitting UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY.

In general, both these settings are to tighten the default setup, and
add *additional* rules for charsets or languages not in the list. They
are not useful for lowering the score.

  guenther

[1] http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#language_options

Re: Spanish Content

Posted by Diego Pomatta <in...@abelsonsa.com.ar>.
Josie Walls escribió:

> Hello,
>

> I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due
> to some of the symbols used.
>

> Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?
>

> Should they use English content and use a web link for the Spanish
> content?
>

> Thanks very much for your insight.
>

> Kindest Regards,
>

> Josie

Try adding

loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat

to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, to enable the TextCat plugin

then add

ok_locales              en
ok_languages          en es

to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, and restart spamd (if you use
the daemon)

For more info on usage, etc -->
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_TextCat.html

Regards
/Diego

Re: Spanish Content

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 13.05.08 10:59, Josie Walls wrote:
> I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due to
> some of the symbols used.

what rules do those hit? Maybe you use some rules that have false positives
for non-english languages (chickenpox or so)

> Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?
>
> Should they use English content and use a web link for the Spanish content?

It's more you should fix your rules :)
Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...