Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2005/09/11 19:58:07 UTC

Turbine 2.3.2 Release Candiate 1 is available

The first release candidate for the Jakarta Turbine Framework 2.3.2 is
now available from http://people.apache.org/~henning/turbine/

The current docs are available at
http://people.apache.org/~henning/turbine/turbine-2.3.2-rc1

This is the latest release of the Turbine 2.3 core. It contains no known
bugs and open issues from the bug tracker.

This version updates a number of dependencies compared to 2.3 and 2.3.1.
Most notably are a number of method signature changes in the upcoming
commons-email release.

This release is mainly targeted at Java SDK 1.4.x and beyond. If you use
1.4, you can omit a number of dependencies that were needed in 2.3 and
2.3.1. For details please see the list of dependencies at
http://people.apache.org/~henning/turbine/turbine-2.3.2-rc1/dependencies.html

CfV for Turbine 2.3.2 is currently planned for Monday, September 19th.

Please report problems with this RC to our issue tracker at

http://issues.apache.org/jira/ in the "Turbine" project, "Turbine 2.3"
component.

	Best regards
		Henning

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

                     4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: Turbine 2.3.2 Release Candiate 1 is available

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de> writes:

>Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
>> Please report problems with this RC to our issue tracker at

>I'm not sure where to put this as these are not exactly Turbine
>problems, so I decided to go with the list.

>- Commons configuration 1.1 logs failed JNDI lookups at ERROR level. If
>one uses the mixed configuration as described in the
>configuration-howto, this means an error entry in the log with every
>access to a not overridden configuration key. This is at least annoying.
>I recommend reverting to 1.0 for this reason, at least until somebody
>can come up with an idea how to fix this.

You could add e.g.

log4j.category.org.apache.commons.configuration = FATAL, app
log4j.additivity.org.apache.commons.configuration = false

to your log4j properties. This sounds like a commons-configuration
problem though, could you please add a bug report at
issues.apache.org/bugzilla (commons, configuration).

>- The generated OM-classes for the TorqueSecurityService rely on a
>database called "default" in their maps. I don't know if that is a

Yes. This is correct. Unfortunately, Torque hardcodes the name of the
data source into its classes and the actual mapping of the data source
to the database must be done in Torque configuration. I might add a
note about this to the docs.

>Torque issue, but this behaviour needs a special DataSource
>configuration for "default" where the previous version simply used the
>configured default DataSource as in

>	torque.database.default=turbine

Hm. That _should_ work. I will check this. Can you open an issue for
this with our bug tracker so I won't forget about it.

Thanks for the info and also the issue reported to JIRA. I might be
busy for the rest of the week and so we will probably have to put the
CfV one week off and put out RC2 on monday instead.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de>.
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Please report problems with this RC to our issue tracker at

I'm not sure where to put this as these are not exactly Turbine
problems, so I decided to go with the list.

- Commons configuration 1.1 logs failed JNDI lookups at ERROR level. If
one uses the mixed configuration as described in the
configuration-howto, this means an error entry in the log with every
access to a not overridden configuration key. This is at least annoying.
I recommend reverting to 1.0 for this reason, at least until somebody
can come up with an idea how to fix this.

- The generated OM-classes for the TorqueSecurityService rely on a
database called "default" in their maps. I don't know if that is a
Torque issue, but this behaviour needs a special DataSource
configuration for "default" where the previous version simply used the
configured default DataSource as in

	torque.database.default=turbine

Do I miss something? Some configuration key perhaps?

Any comments/hints are welcome.

Bye, Thomas.