Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 21:17:11 UTC

Topology script frequency

I've checked all of the documentation, books and google searches I can
think of....

I have a working topology script.  I have dynamic IP's.  I have an
automated process to update the rack data when a datanode changes IP.

What I don't have is any clue as to when the NN reads this script.  If I
execute it right now with 10.10.10.10 it'll return /dc1/rack3  When I run
hadoop balancer I see /default/rack/10.10.10.10:50010
I really don't want to have to restart the NN for IP changes to be noticed.

Any brilliant insights?

Thanks
Chris

答复: Topology script frequency

Posted by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com>.
I'd submitted a patch(HADOOP-8928.txt) to reload topology config dynamically like "hdfs dfsadmin -refreshTopology" style several months before, see HADOOP-8928 for more details.

Regards,
Liang
________________________________
Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
NN refers to the rack topology script/class when a new node joins
(i.e. it doesn't have the node's IP already in cache), when it starts
up, and (I think) also when you issue -refreshNodes.

The ideal way to "add" a node to the rack right now is to first update
the rack config at the NN, then boot the DN up.

--
Harsh J

答复: Topology script frequency

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.