Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 22:50:05 UTC

[OT-kinda] How to perform equivalent of Cayenne prefetching for pure JPA application?

Is there a way to perform the equivalent of Cayenne prefetching for a
pure JPA application?
I've just started working with a JPA project, and to pull in 3
records, it ends up executing over 700 sql statements, many of which
seem to be the same sets of dependent records pulled in, one record
per query, a problem I'd solve in Cayenne using prefetching.

Re: [OT-kinda] How to perform equivalent of Cayenne prefetching for pure JPA application?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Dec 18, 2008, at 11:51 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> Ugh.  I sent this to the incubator list by accident the first time.

There's a redirect, no worries - it got delivered.

Yes, there is something called FETCH JOIN in EJBQL (section 4.4.5.3 of
the JSR-220). For the record Cayenne provider does not support FETCH
JOIN yet.

> I've just started working with a JPA project,

Ugh, maybe you'll have some interest now in advancing Cayenne JPA
provider :-)

Andrus

[OT-kinda] How to perform equivalent of Cayenne prefetching for pure JPA application?