Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/03 14:09:55 UTC

Yarn defaults for local directories

Hi,

Is there a reason why Yarn's directory paths are not defaulting to be
relative to hadoop.tmp.dir.

For e.g. yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs defaults to /tmp/nm-local-dir.
Could it be ${hadoop.tmp.dir}/nm-local-dir instead ? Similarly for the
log directories, I guess...

Thanks
hemanth

Re: Yarn defaults for local directories

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
> . I don't seem to be able to add you as a CC, so feel free to add
> yourself.

Added.

Thanks,
+Vinod

Re: Yarn defaults for local directories

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
> . I don't seem to be able to add you as a CC, so feel free to add
> yourself.

Added.

Thanks,
+Vinod

Re: Yarn defaults for local directories

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
> . I don't seem to be able to add you as a CC, so feel free to add
> yourself.

Added.

Thanks,
+Vinod

Re: Yarn defaults for local directories

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
> . I don't seem to be able to add you as a CC, so feel free to add
> yourself.

Added.

Thanks,
+Vinod

Re: Yarn defaults for local directories

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a reason why Yarn's directory paths are not defaulting to be
> relative to hadoop.tmp.dir.
>
> For e.g. yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs defaults to /tmp/nm-local-dir.
> Could it be ${hadoop.tmp.dir}/nm-local-dir instead ? Similarly for the
> log directories, I guess...

I agree, that seems like a bug. I've opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-82 to track this issue. I
don't seem to be able to add you as a CC, so feel free to add
yourself.

-andy

Re: Yarn defaults for local directories

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.