Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stefan Funk <st...@daasi.de> on 2008/08/01 14:34:57 UTC

Dear Axis list.

I am using WebService faults, which are defined in our WSDL file as follows:

     <xsd:complexType name="IoFaultType">
       <xsd:complexContent>
       <xsd:extension base="tns:TextGridFaultType"/>
       </xsd:complexContent>
     </xsd:complexType>

     <xsd:complexType name="TextGridFaultType">
       <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:element name="cause" type="xsd:string"/>
       </xsd:sequence>
     </xsd:complexType>

And we are setting the faultstring and cause using ADB binding at server side
that they appear in the response like

     <soapenv:Fault>
       <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
       <faultstring>Failure while accessing TG-auth!!</faultstring>
       <detail>
         <ns3:ioFault .... >
         <ns3:cause>Transport error: 404 Error: Not Found</ns3:cause>
         </ns3:ioFault>
       </detail>
     </soapenv:Fault>

My question now:

How can we get the <faultstring> from client side using ADB XML binding? I
just am able to access the <cause> by using

     e.getFaultMessage().getIoFault().getCause()

but not the <faultstring>.

Would be nice if anyone could help.
Stefan.