Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Adam Pritchard <ap...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 21:18:11 UTC

Issues installing Cloudera Manager 5.1.1 on Amazon EC2 - Cloud Express Wizard

Hi everyone,

*Problem*
I am having some trouble spinning up additional instances on Amazon using
Cloudera Express / Cloudera Manager 5.1.1.

I am able to install Cloudera manager on the Host machine through the
Cloudera installation wizard.

But I cannot spin up additional machines due to an authorization issue
which appears to be invalid.  *Note my credintials work when installing an
older version of Cloudera Manager 4.8.4

*Error occurs when*
However when I try to spin up additional instances (step 3 of the Cloud
Express Wizard)
 on Amazon I face an authorization issue (my account works) and I get an
error when trying to test my credentials

*Error Message*
Guice creation errors: 1) org.jclouds.rest.RestContext cannot be used as a
key; It is not fully specified. 1 error

*Environment*
Ubuntu 12.04
Amazon m3.medium
Cloudera Express 5.1.1

*Research of the issue*
http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/EC2-CDM-Installation-Fail/td-p/16160

*My Effort*
I installed java 7u45 and rebooted the machine as some forums suggest but
that has not fixed the issue.

I also installed an older version of Cloudera Manager 4.8.4 and was able to
get past the Authorization issue with Amazon using Cloudera install wizard
and contact with Amazon was successful and the instances were created.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any information you can provide,

Adam