Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/11 21:31:13 UTC

Applying a patch using the command line: Windows

I used subversion to create a patch and now would like to make sure the
patch was created succesfully by applying it to a clean directory.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that and googling has not lead me to
any solution.  I've been using subversion through the command line on
Windows XP.  I understand that with unix there's a patch command.  Is there
anything similar with windows?

Thanks,

Jason Warner

Re: Applying a patch using the command line: Windows

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Jason Warner wrote:
> I used subversion to create a patch and now would like to make sure the
> patch was created succesfully by applying it to a clean directory.
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that and googling has not lead me
> to any solution.  I've been using subversion through the command line on
> Windows XP.  I understand that with unix there's a patch command.  Is
> there anything similar with windows?

If possible, you could install TortoiseSVN on Windows which has a "Apply
patch" command. However, it's not from the command line so you might not
like it :-)

/niklas

Re: Applying a patch using the command line: Windows

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
You could also install the Windows Services for Unix on the Microsoft
site which includes a whole slew of unix commands, including patch.

-sachin

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
I tried the gnu solution, but encountered an assertion failure.  TortoiseSVN
worked excellently.  Thanks for the responses.

Jason Warner

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.