Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2003/01/21 20:38:50 UTC

scheduler service and ecs DateSelector

Hi.. I'm working on playing with scheduler with my app.

I want to setup a mechanism for users to schedule email notifications to
run overnight (when less likely to use all their bandwidth)

I want to give the user the ability to setup a one-time occurance and then
have the job remove itself from the scheduler after it has completed.

anyone else done this type of thing?

the actual "job" code will not change so that object will be reusable.

Second issue: having a small problem with DateSelector...

i have a field dateToSend ... ecsOutput is giving me

 dateToSend_month
 dateToSend_day
 dateToSend_year

in my velocity page (generated from DateSelector class in the screen
object)

This all works fine. I try to put in manually some variations of
dateToSend_hour dateToSend_time etc... they don't work.

Where is the input received put back together to make dateToSend one piece
of data, and with a "Time" of 00:00:00

It just seems to magically happen at this point in time.
If I knew where this was happening, maybe I could extend and
write my own encapsulation for time (hour, min, sec etc.)

Thanks,

Jeff Painter
painter@kiasoft.com

Re: scheduler service and ecs DateSelector

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
ok... so no response on scheduler. I dug a little harder... found
job.setActive() should help me on running a job on demand

still wondering about the second part of my mail though... any ideas?