Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ni...@arsoe-trelaze.com on 2003/10/22 09:48:52 UTC

Réf. : What's the best way to include Javadoc fromdependencies?

Take a look at the uberjar plugin. It "assemble" all your project (djxo-dist) dependency in one jar.

Nicolas

-------------------------------

Yoway.Buorn@gd-ais.com
21/10/2003 22:06
Veuillez répondre à "Maven Users List"

        Pour :  users@maven.apache.org
        cc :
        Objet : What's the best way to include Javadoc from dependencies?

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this or if there really is a best way to
do this that's already being done, but I'm having trouble thinking of a
good way to do this, so I was hoping some of you guys might be able to
give me some ideas.

I have three projects and I'm trying to create one binary and one source
distribution for all three projects.  I can easily generate a distribution
for each project using maven dist.  I can even use maven multiproject:goal
-Dgoal=dist to do it for all three at the same time, but what I want to do
is create an archive that contains the source for all three projects and
also the documentation as well.

And then for the binary distribution I have a few images and a script that
I want to archive.  I also want to include a JRE so that the entire
application doesn't really depend on anything outside fo the archive.

My first thought was to have the distributions in a separate project all
their own, something like this:

/djxo-dist
/djxo-codec
/djxo-utils
/djxo-viewer

So, djxo-dist should generate a binary and source zip, while the other
three should just generate JARs.  And then djxo-dist would contain the
following:

/djxo-dist
                 /bin
                 /images
                 /jre
                 /docs
                 /lib
                 /src

And then I was thinking I might use reactor to go into codec, utils and
viewer to generate the javadoc and then just manually copy the src and
javadoc out of each directory into /djxo-dist/src and /djxo-dist/docs.
Does this sound about right or might there be a better way to do it?

Yoway Buorn
Software Engineer
Imagery Systems Engineering

GENERAL DYNAMICS
Advanced Information Systems

112 Lakeview Canyon Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362-5027
Tel 805 497 5074
Fax 805 497 5050
yoway.buorn@gd-ais.com

So one day these two muffins were baking in an oven.  One muffin turned to
the other muffin and said, "Boy it sure is hot in here."  The other muffin
turned to the first muffin and said, "Holy crap!  A talking muffin!"