Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Koka <wc...@symcor.com> on 2007/10/22 16:23:12 UTC

ActiveMQ for dummies

Hi All,
I am a student developer and have been assigned to do a proof of concept for
ActiveMQ. Does anyone have any resources similar to a 'idiots guide to
ActiveMQ' which I can refer to? Or are there anyone willing to give me some
hints as to how to use ActiveMQ?

Right now, I have done the following:

-Installed ActiveMQ
-Ran the examples
-Wrote code (based on example classes) that sends and receives messages
through ActiveMQ

However, beyond that, I am now stuck! I am looking for help in terms of:

-ActiveMQ clustering (I have done some reading and I wanted to try out the
failover:(uri1,...,uriN)?transportOptions. But I can't figure out where to
insert this. There seems to be a lack of documentation available to new
users like me, or maybe I'm just a bad searcher and have yet to find such
documentation. Can anyone give me a guide as to where I can find this info
or give me a few examples?

Further more, although I have installed ActiveMQ, it was the basic install.
How would I change the configuration, and what type of configurations can be
changed?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this, your help is greatly
appreciated!

Wilson

Re: ActiveMQ for dummies

Posted by Vinod Venkatraman <vi...@gmail.com>.