Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/03/10 11:35:56 UTC

Why people like CouchDB

Hi again,

Ari Najarian wrote up why they are using CouchDB in education: http://www.torusoft.com/blog/5-days-of-code-curriculum-day-3

Half the post is a praise of CouchDB and our community. There are some great quotes and pointers to what we should have on our website.

I hope we can take some inspiration from there :)

Best
Jan

Re: Why people like CouchDB

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

thanks a lot for the great resource. What I really like is the description
of the CouchDB community:

"The community is second-to-none.

The personalities and voices in the CouchDB community are, hands down, the
most helpful, generous, welcoming, insightful, ethical, principled,
future-minded group of developers I've ever encountered in one place. As
far as online communities go, you can't find a safer, more encouraging
group of advocates. These people are role models that will help beginners
to understand what "open-source" can really be about: social justice,
diversity, inclusion, and collaboration."

This is one of the reasons why I want to be a part of the CouchDB
community. Imho we could paste this quote to the couchdb.org website. Maybe
in between the http://couchdb.apache.org/#contribute paragraph ...

While reading the post I also (started) to read your thread "What's our
Why?"
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3C3CD8BEDD-EEE0-4C39-8DCA-81D92C226831%40apache.org%3E.
Awesome! I would love to put that also some where. Any thoughts about this?
Has that been made public sometime?

Cheers

Andy

On 10 March 2014 11:35, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Ari Najarian wrote up why they are using CouchDB in education:
> http://www.torusoft.com/blog/5-days-of-code-curriculum-day-3
>
> Half the post is a praise of CouchDB and our community. There are some
> great quotes and pointers to what we should have on our website.
>
> I hope we can take some inspiration from there :)
>
> Best
> Jan

Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany