Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org> on 2001/03/15 15:29:32 UTC

Future of Enumerate tag

Is the org.apache.struts.taglib.Enumerate tag
going to go away with the other 0.5 tags ?

We currently have data structures that use the
enumerate interface. Is there any chance this
could be migrated into the struts 1.0 taglib ?

-Rob

Expresso Framework 3.0 Release

Posted by Flying Cloud <fl...@prodigy.net>.
As you might know Expresso Framework version 3.0 was released yesterday - an
application development framework under an open source Apache-Style license.
For the next release, Jcorporate in collaboration with community developers,
will be integrating Struts with Expresso. The technologies are
complementary. The Struts integration discussion is underway on our Expresso
Developers Forum at:
http://www.jcorporate.com/components/internal/projframe.jsp?category=65
I wanted to let this list know and invite anyone who would like to
participate in the discussions and development.

For more information on the new release please see: Open Standards
Application Development Framework Brews Third Major Release
http://www.jcorporate.com/html/news/Press/ExpressoRelease3.0.html. Expresso
has more than 30,000 downloads and 2700 developers on its listserv.

Regards
Sandra Cann
scann@jcorporate.com

Fully decoupling the VIEW from the CONTROL

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.

Given an action mapping with these attributes set:

    <!-- Process a admin logon -->
    <action   path="/admin/logon"
              type="com.solers.portal.pcontrol.admin.LogonAction"
              name="logonForm"
              scope="request"
              validate="true"
              input="/admin/logonVue.jsp">
      <forward name="success"   path="/admin/mainMenu.jsp"/>
    </action>

and if additionally we could tell struts via the struts-config.xml that

the input .jsp file was guranteed to only have ONE and only one action

Then couldn't the action attribute in the FormTag become optional ?

So this:

would become this:

which would FULLY uncouple the VIEW file from the CONTROL ?

Re: Future of Enumerate tag

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Rob Leland wrote:

> > As far as I know, the <logic:iterate> tag can loop over anything that the
> > old enumerate tag can loop over.  Is this not the case?
>
> Unless I am using the tag wrong. I looked at
>
> org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.IterateTag.java
>
> and don't find 'Enumeration' anywhere in the source
> code, so I assume it doesn't support 'Enumeration'.

You are right ... that's a bug.  The intent was that an Enumeration should
work as well.  That will be fixed soon.

> -Rob

Craig

Re: Future of Enumerate tag

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.

Re: Future of Enumerate tag

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Rob Leland wrote:

> Is the org.apache.struts.taglib.Enumerate tag
> going to go away with the other 0.5 tags ?
>
> We currently have data structures that use the
> enumerate interface. Is there any chance this
> could be migrated into the struts 1.0 taglib ?

As far as I know, the <logic:iterate> tag can loop over anything that the
old enumerate tag can loop over.  Therefore, it didn't seem necessary to
have two looping tags (one a superset of the other) in 1.0.  Is this not
the case?

> -Rob

Craig