Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2014/07/22 19:53:50 UTC

Subversion integration with JIRA

Hi,

our infra guys provide an integration of subversion with JIRA tickets. All
subversion commits will be automatically added as comment  to the corresponding
JIRA ticket as long as the ticket number is used within the svn commit comment.

See http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html for any further details.

Should we ask infra to enable that feature for PDFBox?

WDYT?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Subversion integration with JIRA

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
+1

Maruan

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Yes please!

-- John

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
It is already done, it should work now.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 23.07.2014 07:57, schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Lets try it. TIKA has something similar, see e.g. here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1325
That's something different. Those comments are added after any build based on a
svn commit.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 23.07.2014 15:16, schrieb Thomas Chojecki:
> Am 2014-07-23 09:00, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>> according to the sample provided in
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html the commit will be shown in
>> the comments.
>
> You are right. Hmmm I hope this will not do additional mailinglist mails :|
It will, but if it is to much traffic we might consider asking for a new mailing
list like issues@pdfbox and send all JIRA mails to that list instaed of dev@pdfbox

> I only knew the solution with the source section. For this the jira project
> would need to be linked with a scm and then it grabs the commit messages and
> link the changesets to the right ticket.
That's a JIRA plugin and was used in the past. But the ASF repository is to huge
so that the plugin more or less regularly crashed with a OOM exception.

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Am 2014-07-23 09:00, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> according to the sample provided in
> http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html the commit will be shown in
> the comments.

You are right. Hmmm I hope this will not do additional mailinglist mails
:|

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.