Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sergey Missan <ad...@javable.com> on 2003/09/16 16:26:28 UTC

Re[2]: -1 rendered documents, possible bug?

Jeff,
JT> I have the same problem of files not being rendered, also with a custom
JT> skin.  In my case, the link is from a file's body, not the menu.

good to know that I'm not alone. Now I don't think it has much todo with
custom skin -- I've updated most of it to follow "common", and this
bug is still here. Pity, as everything else works remarkably well --
0.5 is a huge improvement in many areas. And porting was an easy task.

Also, I'm not linking these documents in the documents themselves (e.g.
in the "body") -- the only linkage is done in site.xml.

Do we have a bug report for this?

-- Sergey

Re: -1 rendered documents, possible bug?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Sergey Missan wrote:

>U> If this is a CLI problem, I'm happy to look into it, but I'd like to
>U> know more first.
>
>U> Do you have the site running in a servlet container? If so, could you
>U> try spidering the site with something like wget, and see if the missing
>U> pages are there? That'll tell us whether it is down to the CLI or not.
>
>No, I'm running Forrest CLI. I'll try it in webapp mode to see if it's
>due to the CLI invocation or not. What exactly should I look for?
>
>-- Sergey

Sergey,

Note my other message. Someone posted a fix for this problem on
cocoon-dev, so, if you use the latest Cocoon from CVS, your problem will
be solved.

Someone else on this list will be able to explain how to upgrade to the
latest Cocoon should you wish to do so.

Regards, Upayavira

Re[2]: -1 rendered documents, possible bug?

Posted by Sergey Missan <ad...@javable.com>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 04:25:05PM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Sergey Missan wrote:

[..files not being rendered]

> >Do we have a bug report for this?

We do now:

http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-66

> If this is a CLI problem, I'm happy to look into it, but I'd like to
> know more first.
>
> Do you have the site running in a servlet container? If so, could you
> try spidering the site with something like wget, and see if the missing
> pages are there? That'll tell us whether it is down to the CLI or not.
>
> If wget gets it right, we know we've got a CLI problem, and hence,
> there's a clear bug to report.

>From the webapp the link works fine.  It's only when CLI rendering that
the link isn't traversed.  Weird.

--Jeff