Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/04/08 23:12:52 UTC

fo:marker broken

Hi,
fo:marker is broken in 0.20.3 and causes trouble with
the docs/examples/marker stuff. The problem is that
the TextState ts variable in FObjMixed is not set at
all for Marker objects. The fix should be to copy
the parent state as it is done in Block.
Does someone feel responsible?

J.Pietschmann

Re: Bug handling

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On 2002.04.13 05:33 J.Pietschmann wrote:
>> I'm focusing on the development to fix those bugs, it would be good if
>> someone could put a bit of effort into the bug handling process.
>
> I read this as "It's ok"?

That depends on what "it" is.

I don't find it a very effective form of communication under the
circumstances and I did say a "bit".

We could change most of the bugs to won't fix or postpone with the
assumption that the current cvs does fix these problems but there won't be
a release for a while.

So what is the bug list for? To tell users what bugs there are in
releases, to tell developers what problems need fixing in development?

Re: Bug handling (was: Re: fo:marker broken)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Keiron Liddle wrote:
> Bug reporting, fixing and handling is of course important to the process.
> The main problem is that many of the bugs are being fixed in the
> development but are not easy or appropriate to fix in the maintanence
> branch.

The problem with the bugzilla backlog is that there
are quite a few duplicates and already fixed bug
in there. In particular, there is half a gadzillion
equivalents of the well known "OutOfMemoryException"
stuff, and other recurrent issues.

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Bug reporting, fixing and handling is of course important to the process.
The main problem is that many of the bugs are being fixed in the
development but are not easy or appropriate to fix in the maintanence
branch.

Having said that we could still do with some better tracking and feedback
to bug reports.

Re: fo:marker broken

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Christian Geisert wrote:
> J.Pietschmann wrote:
>> fo:marker is broken in 0.20.3
> I plead guilty for this bug ;-)
> But it has been fixed for the 0.20.3 final release.
> The glossary example works for me.

Oops, i just discovered i've build my FOP from 0.20.3rc2.
The final release works indeed.
Sorry for the confusion.

BTW: I took initiative and set the associated bug #6009
to RESOLVED (accidentally).

Re: fo:marker broken

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Hi,
> fo:marker is broken in 0.20.3 and causes trouble with
> the docs/examples/marker stuff. The problem is that
> the TextState ts variable in FObjMixed is not set at
> all for Marker objects. The fix should be to copy
> the parent state as it is done in Block.
> Does someone feel responsible?

I plead guilty for this bug ;-)
But it has been fixed for the 0.20.3 final release.
The glossary example works for me.

> J.Pietschmann

Christian