Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Geoffrey Arnold <ge...@geoffreyarnold.com> on 2004/05/17 17:40:46 UTC

[Jelly] Use of BeanUtils.setProperty() method

A couple of weeks ago I posted a message concerning the implications of
the BeanUtils.setProperty() method:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06999.html

I subsequently submitted a patch which resolves the issue, including a
custom Converter implementation which aims to maintain backwards
compatibility with the current behavior:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06871.html

There were concerns that switching from BeanUtils.setProperty() to
BeanUtils.copyProperty() might cause unforeseen problems with existing
scripts due to differences in logic between those methods, but without
an example script this remains only a hypothesis.

The discussion has since ceased, with no clear resolution.  I would like
to restart the thread in the hopes of gaining some closure to the issue.

Many thanks.
Geoff.

Re: [jelly] VOTE: Use BeanUtils.copyProperty (Was Re: [Jelly] Use of BeanUtils.setProperty() method)

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
I think we can do some tests once Maven works with Jelly again to verify
that this is WAD.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote on